Far UV Lighting Association
Code of Ethics for Manufacturers, Retailers and Installers
The FarUV.Lighting Association (“FUVLA” or the “Association”) adopts the following Code of Ethics to promote the highest ethical and moral standards of professional conduct in the Far UV Lighting Industry. Each Association member agrees to abide by this Code of Ethics as a condition of membership in FUVLA. The Association intends that this Code of Ethics be interpreted and enforced reasonably, fairly, and objectively.
I. PRINCIPLES OF ETHICS
These Principles of Ethics aspire goals of professional conduct for all members of the Association.
All members of the Far UV Lighting Industry Association and Far UV Lighting Website pledge to aspire to the following:
- To adhere to a standard of excellence, as commonly understood in the Far UV Lighting Industry, designing, manufacturing, producing, packaging, promoting, marketing, selling, and distributing.
- To maintain and service all accounts efficiently and professionally.
- To monitor technological developments to ensure the highest quality product availability and the imposition of the most stringent safety standards within the Far UV Lighting industry.
- To impose strict quality controls throughout the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing process.
- To represent and market all Far UV Lighting products and services fairly and accurately.
- To adhere to all relevant product performance, safety, environmental, code, and listing requirements required.
- To properly manufacture, sell, market, and distribute Far UV Lighting products and services in today’s global business environment.
- To protect and enhance the environment and the health and safety of their employees, their customers’ employees, consumers, and the general environment through the safe and responsible use and disposal of potentially hazardous substances.
- To monitor technologies for reducing energy absorbed into the human body and strive to implement those that prove to reduce UVC exposure to human cells effectively.
- To always be guided by a spirit of justice, honor, and fairness within their communities and in all dealings with other Far UV Lighting industry members and associated industries.
Each of these pledges shall be read to be consistent with and not conflict with existing legal obligations, including but not limited to applicable antitrust laws.
II. RULES OF ETHICS
These Rules of Ethics provide mandatory and specific standards of minimally acceptable professional conduct for all Association members. These Rules of Ethics are enforceable by the Association under the procedures in Section III of this Code, which is provided to members only.
Members of the Far UV Lighting Industry Association shall:
- Manufacture, produce and supply Far UV Lighting products and services in compliance with applicable industry standards, test specifications, and operating procedures as prescribed by the American Society for Testing Materials, the Industry Association, the IEEE, IEC/ISO, other standard-setting organizations recognized generally in the industry and/or local, state, or federal contracting authorities, as applicable.
- Maintain a realistic dose time and distance when testing procedures for Far UV Lighting products and services to ensure that required standards and specifications have been met and are accurately reflected as real-world usage.
- Assure that all Far UV Lighting products and promotional information, including statements designed or which can be interpreted to describe the properties or performance of the Far UV Lighting product, are accurate and are not misleading.
- Adhere to the procedures and policies required by third-party listing organizations when products require such authorized test certifications and marks.
- Comply with all laws and regulations relating to the manufacture and distribution of products, including applicable antitrust, occupational safety, and health and environmental laws and regulations, and the applicable provisions of the National Conference on Weights and Measures.
- The Code of Ethics of the Far UV Lighting Association (FUVLA) establishes principles for the Far UV Lighting Association members. This code requires members of FarUV.Lighting and FUVLA to conduct themselves in a manner that brings credit to the Association’s profession when using Far-UV lighting applications for non pharmaceutical pandemic countermeasures.
In FarUV.Lighting’s efforts to achieve the highest level of professionalism throughout the Far UV Lighting Industry, the Far UV Lighting Association (FUVLA) has adopted a Code of business practices for Far UV Lighting and Far UV Lighting accessory manufacturers, including sales channels, the purpose of which is to foster confidence in the safe usage of Far UV Lighting products and services:
- The company provides a written warranty policy.
- All parts are marked and/or labeled to identify the manufacturer.
- The company provides installation instructions for all products where appropriate.
- All hardware appropriate and required for installation is included with the product.
- The company has product liability insurance or demonstrates fiscal responsibility for the same.
- The company offers a written returned goods policy.
- The company maintains the availability of replacement parts for appropriate times after production ceases.